What is Donate.ly?
It is a peer-to-peer fundraising tool that allows easy individual donations online.
How it works?
Every retreat has a volunteer fundraising campaign goal that is the sum total of each volunteer’s support needs. Each volunteer then becomes a part of the overall goal by fundraising for her individual amount needed. Individuals then support your goal (YOU) by giving to your individual campaign.
- Go to https://thriveministry.dntly.com/p#/fundraisers/new Click on the campaign you are volunteering for (example) 2019 Italy, 2019 Ghana, etc. Then click on start a fundraiser.
- If you don't have an account fill in your First and Last Name and Email Address.
- Title your fundraiser - very important, make sure your name appears first.
Example: Sally Smith-Going to serve in the (Country of Retreat)
- Description - Tell your story to your donors here you can be creative and tell the reason why you want to go and serve.
- Enter an amount you want to raise.
- Chose the retreat (Campaign) you are fundraising for.
- Choose File (Upload an image) - Upload your picture.
- Click on create a fundraiser.
You are done. It's that simple.
You will receive an email from Donate.ly verifying that your fundraising page has been created. This email will include a link to put in your letters or to post on social media.